Fantasy Folder Forums
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Fantasy Folder    Forum              
: Registration is temporarily disabled while we beef up our anti-spam measures. Sorry for the inconvenience. - 4/26/11 August 07, 2020, 01:41:12 pm
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  Cinema Fantastica  |  Movie Critiquing  |  Topic: Narnia 2
  « previous next »
[1] 2 3 4
: Narnia 2  ( 43251 )
Windrose_author13

« : May 04, 2009, 07:15:31 am »

Though a fell in love with the first movie, the second really tweaked me off. I understand that the movie itself was ok, but if youve read the book the second movie was horrible. Does anyone feel my pain?

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage
: 220

« #1 : May 04, 2009, 03:27:18 pm »

I don't know. It was enjoyable, and not a bad movie. I've never been a huge fan of the Narnia books though. They always struck me as a bit childish. (I thought the first Narnia film was better than the book...) It's been awhile since I read them though, so I'm not entirely sure how close the movie followed the book.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage, and founder of Fantasy Folder

minerva66
Apprentice Mage
: 65

« #2 : May 04, 2009, 06:12:03 pm »

The first one was awesome, though I'm not a Narnia fan. Tried to read the first book and couldn't finish. The second was nowhere near as good, but compared to the rest of the movies last year, Narnia was great. The only thing better was Batman. I think we are seeing a sad plummeting of movie quality. Not sure the people in Hollywood have a clue right now.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #3 : May 04, 2009, 10:16:38 pm »

The only thing better was Batman. I think we are seeing a sad plummeting of movie quality. Not sure the people in Hollywood have a clue right now.

Sad, but true. I'm pretty sure they don't have a clue. They just stumble around blindly, churning out movies that are progressively more rubbish, making up some reasoning for why people like the rubbish better, and then doing the lather-rinse-repeat. You get about one good movie a year now, maybe two.

redwall_hp

coughee
Apprentice Mage
: 89

« #4 : May 06, 2009, 07:56:08 pm »

I think we are seeing a sad plummeting of movie quality. Not sure the people in Hollywood have a clue right now.

This is even more concerning considering there is so much fantasy coming out in the next few years, among others,

The end of Harry Potter
The Hobbit
A Song of Ice and Fire (TV)
The Wheel of Time
The Elfstones of Shannara
The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)
The Alchemyst (Michael Scott)

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #5 : May 06, 2009, 09:42:41 pm »

The Alchemyst (Michael Scott)

Whoa, you beat me on that one. I didn't know that was in development...

I can't wait for Garth Nix's Sabriel to be released. Last I heard they were still shopping a package around to various production houses. Not even an IMDB page yet.

redwall_hp

Nathan Darrowdan
Apprentice Mage

High Lord of Rak'Narroh

« #6 : May 06, 2009, 10:02:44 pm »

Back to Narny. The reading level of the Narny series is too low. I think the movies are light years ahead in terms of enjoyability.

Go ahead, attack me.  ;D

High Lord of the frigid northern territories.

Gandalf
Apprentice Mage
: 75

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

« #7 : May 06, 2009, 10:07:19 pm »

Dont call Narnia Narny. I loved that series. I smite you with my powerful magic. *SMITE*

::)

Gandalf
Apprentice Mage
: 75

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

« #8 : May 06, 2009, 10:08:55 pm »

Run from me like you would from fortune cookies! *SMITE* *SMITE* *SMITE*

::)

Nathan Darrowdan
Apprentice Mage

High Lord of Rak'Narroh

« #9 : May 06, 2009, 11:20:27 pm »

This is what I think about Gandalf: http://tinyurl.com/c64fz8
Just a little freedom of expression at work, Comic Style.  :D

High Lord of the frigid northern territories.

Windrose_author13

« #10 : May 07, 2009, 10:56:14 am »

WOW! CALM DOWN! I start a discussion, and I find myself in a war zone! I do agree that NarnIA is childish, and a low reading level, but i still think it is quality material. Also, the people in Hollywood do need a wakeup call. I hope the Alchemyst turns out ok!

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #11 : May 07, 2009, 12:29:20 pm »

Well said, well said.

redwall_hp

coughee
Apprentice Mage

« #12 : May 07, 2009, 01:40:14 pm »

WOW! CALM DOWN! I start a discussion, and I find myself in a war zone! I do agree that NarnIA is childish, and a low reading level, but i still think it is quality material. Also, the people in Hollywood do need a wakeup call. I hope the Alchemyst turns out ok!

I'd like to invite all ALCHEMYST fans over to my thread I posted a few days ago, but the online game is cool and fun enough to convince me the creative minds behind bringing this to life have their stuff together.

Now, back to NARNIA!

Windrose_author13

« #13 : May 07, 2009, 03:21:32 pm »

Thank you redwall.

minerva66
Apprentice Mage
: 65

« #14 : May 07, 2009, 10:14:25 pm »

Would love to see an Alchemyst movie.

BTW, has anyone seen The Seeker movie (warping of Dark Is Rising)? Anyone know anyone who did? I didn't have the heart after seeing the trashy trailer. Thinking about getting it from Netflix and wondering if it's so bad I shouldn't bother.

I did like The Golden Compass, though some of the reworking seemed unnecessary. Also seemed like someone who hadn't read the books wouldn't fully understand, much like the Harry Potter movies.

Can't even imagine how a Wheel of Time movie would turn out. Maybe if Peter Jackson were to do it. There is just so much that cannot be captured.

What about The Dragonriders of Pern? Do you think that will ever be a movie?

[1] 2 3 4
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  Cinema Fantastica  |  Movie Critiquing  |  Topic: Narnia 2 « previous next »
:  

©Fantasy Folder