Fantasy Folder Forums
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Fantasy Folder    Forum              
: Registration is temporarily disabled while we beef up our anti-spam measures. Sorry for the inconvenience. - 4/26/11 August 07, 2020, 02:01:47 pm
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  Cinema Fantastica  |  Movie Critiquing  |  Topic: Narnia 2
  « previous next »
1 [2] 3 4
: Narnia 2  ( 43252 )
redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage
: 220

« #15 : May 08, 2009, 02:19:48 pm »

Dragonriders of Pern (2011) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808236/

redwall_hp
The Head Mage, and founder of Fantasy Folder

Windrose_author13

« #16 : May 08, 2009, 03:16:37 pm »

Wow, either you have a specail fantasy search engine on your computer, or your really addicted to this stuff.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #17 : May 08, 2009, 03:51:28 pm »

Wow, either you have a specail fantasy search engine on your computer, or your really addicted to this stuff.

Both, actually. I check IMDB once in awhile to see what books are being turned into movies. As for the "specail fantasy search engine," meet PotterWire: http://www.fantasyfolder.com/wire/ I'm still trying to fine-tune it as time goes by, but it's getting progressively better at digging up hot new fantasy news. (It still keeps bringing up Twili**t stuff though, even though I try to filter it out...)

redwall_hp

coughee
Apprentice Mage
: 89

« #18 : May 08, 2009, 04:01:06 pm »

Would love to see an Alchemyst movie.

What about The Dragonriders of Pern? Do you think that will ever be a movie?

I know I posted it a few days ago, but today's the last day to get a free PDF of the Alchemyst at the game site. You get it when you beat all the challenges.

And, if this LIST is to be trusted, Dragonriders of Pern is in discussions for development.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #19 : May 08, 2009, 04:11:32 pm »

And, if this LIST is to be trusted, Dragonriders of Pern is in discussions for development.

Okay. I generally don't report anything IMDB says as fact on Fantasy Folder, or add to the Event Calendar, until everything is definite. IMDB still has "IMDB Pro Only" brick wall up for Dragonriders, so I'd say we're still in the foggy "it might happen, hopefully" phase.

redwall_hp

Gandalf
Apprentice Mage
: 75

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

« #20 : May 10, 2009, 03:16:44 pm »

HELLO this is supposed to be critiquing.

::)

coughee
Apprentice Mage
: 89

« #21 : May 11, 2009, 01:38:45 pm »

Okay. I generally don't report anything IMDB says as fact on Fantasy Folder, or add to the Event Calendar, until everything is definite. IMDB still has "IMDB Pro Only" brick wall up for Dragonriders, so I'd say we're still in the foggy "it might happen, hopefully" phase.

Fair enough. I guess I just got excited.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #22 : May 11, 2009, 07:38:12 pm »

Well, I hope the film actually happens. I think visual effects have progressed to the point where it won't be cheesy.

redwall_hp

Windrose_author13

« #23 : May 12, 2009, 07:13:31 am »

That can go both ways though, i mean, sometimes the effects are great, but the actors depend on them too much and don't actually act.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #24 : May 12, 2009, 02:36:35 pm »

That can go both ways though, i mean, sometimes the effects are great, but the actors depend on them too much and don't actually act.

ACTOR: My acting doesn't matter. They'll fix it in post-production!

redwall_hp

Windrose_author13

« #25 : May 13, 2009, 07:18:49 am »

Exactly. Thats the reason i would rather watch live theatre. There's no such thing as post-production. You mess up, they can't fix it. You can't act, you don't get a part just b/c you have a pretty face.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #26 : May 13, 2009, 04:26:32 pm »

I don't know. I like post-production. I've played around with Adobe Premiere and some visual effects software. I'm not great at the SFX, but it's fun.

There are too many bad actors making a lot of money now though. And bad stories being "fixed" by adding some more explosions and car chases.

Something else I like about the HP and LOTR films... They have good actors!

redwall_hp

Windrose_author13

« #27 : May 14, 2009, 06:53:20 am »

I'm not against post production entirely, just bad actors that fall back on it too much.

I really don't think that someone who can't act should be paid more than someone who can that hasn't had a big break yet.

Diddo.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #28 : May 14, 2009, 10:43:58 am »

I'm not against post production entirely, just bad actors that fall back on it too much.

I really don't think that someone who can't act should be paid more than someone who can that hasn't had a big break yet.

Diddo.

Interestingly, a lot of the actors I like have histories with stage acting. Maybe because most of them are from Europe...?

redwall_hp

minerva66
Apprentice Mage
: 65

« #29 : May 15, 2009, 12:42:47 am »

You could be onto something there, redwall.

I haven't been to near enough plays, but it is an experience. I think you become more involved in the story (a little like being more involved at the cinema). I think the actors do, too, maybe because there is less break in their action as well. It all happens quickly on stage. Easier to be in character. Also the actor has to be larger than life, i.e. more acting.

Windrose, what did you audition for?

1 [2] 3 4
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  Cinema Fantastica  |  Movie Critiquing  |  Topic: Narnia 2 « previous next »
:  

©Fantasy Folder