Fantasy Folder Forums
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Fantasy Folder    Forum              
: Registration is temporarily disabled while we beef up our anti-spam measures. Sorry for the inconvenience. - 4/26/11 September 25, 2018, 12:25:11 am
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  Cinema Fantastica  |  Movie Critiquing  |  Topic: Narnia 2
  « previous next »
1 2 3 [4]
: Narnia 2  ( 30544 )
coughee
Apprentice Mage
: 89

« #45 : June 09, 2009, 01:29:19 pm »

The Alchemyst (Michael Scott)

Whoa, you beat me on that one. I didn't know that was in development...

Yeah I keep hoping for a winter/spring '10 release, but more likely not until 2011. The Sorceress just got released and is getting good reviews and sales, so hopefully the rest of the series gets the green light from Hollywood as well.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage
: 220

« #46 : June 10, 2009, 09:04:29 pm »

I think 2011 probably is likely, possibly a summer release. Hollywood likes to put the fantasy ones out in the summer. (Unless Warner Brothers is involved, then they wouldn't want to put it against Harry Potter, and would give it a spring or fall release...)

redwall_hp
The Head Mage, and founder of Fantasy Folder

coughee
Apprentice Mage

« #47 : June 11, 2009, 12:51:12 pm »

Really? I think it's more of a toss-up....wasn't The Golden Compass a November release? And the early Potter films came out around the holidays (although I think that's because the early films were more family oriented, and now that they're getting darker, they have more mass appeal). LoTR was released around Christmas those consecutive years, but that was "awards season" and we all know how that worked out for them.

Then again, since the Nicholas Flamel books take place in late May/early June, a summer release would be a reasonable thing to do....

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #48 : June 11, 2009, 01:00:05 pm »

Golden Compass was December, apparently. Sorcerer's stone was November according to IMDB (odd, I could have sworn it was a summer release...), and CoS was November too, Azkaban and OOTP where the summer ones apparently, though it seems that they're moving toward summer releases for the next three.

Personally I like summer releases for movies though. It's a good time to go to a theater, since they're dark and air conditioned. :)

redwall_hp

coughee
Apprentice Mage

« #49 : June 12, 2009, 11:48:00 am »

Yeah with Potter, it seems they've made a conscious shift towards summer releases, maybe because they're getting a little more blockbustery with the latter movies?

However,...and this opens up a whole other can of worms....HBP was originally supposed to be released last November (there was even that bru ha ha when Harry was on the Fall preview issue of Entertainment Weekly), but then it got moved to this summer.....is that because the studio feared Twili**t would destroy the opening box office? I've heard whispers of that, but nothing to confirm...

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #50 : June 12, 2009, 12:47:19 pm »

Yeah with Potter, it seems they've made a conscious shift towards summer releases, maybe because they're getting a little more blockbustery with the latter movies?

However,...and this opens up a whole other can of worms....HBP was originally supposed to be released last November (there was even that bru ha ha when Harry was on the Fall preview issue of Entertainment Weekly), but then it got moved to this summer.....is that because the studio feared Twili**t would destroy the opening box office? I've heard whispers of that, but nothing to confirm...

No, they moved Twili**t up to fill the spot Potter left. And from sales records, I wouldn't think they need have worried any way.

Here's my coverage from then: http://www.fantasyfolder.com/news/harry-potter-film-delayed-8-months/

I think the writers' strike may have been part of it, and Batman Begins' very high sales,

redwall_hp

deniel
: 3

« #51 : April 15, 2011, 03:43:08 am »

The movie was awesome and worth watching.
Every scene of the film was flawless.

Download Corpus Christi: Playing with Redemption movie

1 2 3 [4]
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  Cinema Fantastica  |  Movie Critiquing  |  Topic: Narnia 2 « previous next »
:  

©Fantasy Folder