Fantasy Folder Forums
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Fantasy Folder    Forum              
: Registration is temporarily disabled while we beef up our anti-spam measures. Sorry for the inconvenience. - 4/26/11 August 07, 2020, 01:34:14 pm
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  Cinema Fantastica  |  Movie Critiquing  |  Topic: Pan's Labryinth
  « previous next »
: What was the scariest part of this movie for you.
When the captian is crushing the guys face with a beer bottle. - 2 (33.3%)
When the mother has a miscarriage. - 0 (0%)
When the captian is trying to kill the little girl. - 1 (16.7%)
When the faun is first introduced. - 0 (0%)
I have never seen this movie. - 3 (50%)
: 0

1 [2] 3 4
: Pan's Labryinth  ( 46352 )
jayell123
Battle Mage
: 233

The Proof of Rose's Submission to Shadowy Overlord

« #15 : May 26, 2009, 09:39:37 am »

oh yeah wear that superiority with pride sister!  ;D ;D

I never....ok, i did get a LITTLE carried away on that, all right i will admit this once, and only once, and after i say it i will deny having said it. Faeries are not superior to other species who weild magic.Yeah, i know

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage
: 220

« #16 : May 26, 2009, 10:02:27 am »

Shadowy overlord chooses to ignore the fact that i am TWO levels above him.  8)

Rank matters not. It is skills in the Art that define power.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage, and founder of Fantasy Folder

jayell123
Battle Mage

« #17 : May 27, 2009, 06:48:03 am »

How is it our skills can be measured without a fair balance of reward in rank to agree?

I never....ok, i did get a LITTLE carried away on that, all right i will admit this once, and only once, and after i say it i will deny having said it. Faeries are not superior to other species who weild magic.Yeah, i know

Windrose_author13

« #18 : May 27, 2009, 07:20:37 am »

Shadowy overlord set it up that way so that his skills cannot be challenged. The fact is that Faerie magic is ancient and was given to the Faeries at the beginning of time. Wizardry is the use of magic STOLEN from the Faerie realm and isn't nearly as strong.

jayell123
Battle Mage

« #19 : May 27, 2009, 07:27:25 am »

what she said

Windrose_author13

« #20 : May 27, 2009, 09:25:38 am »

ha, beat THAT shadowy overlord! (who i am NOT in love with)

jayell123
Battle Mage

« #21 : May 27, 2009, 09:29:56 am »

Whoo! Go fariy-ish underlord!!

Windrose_author13

« #22 : May 27, 2009, 10:35:32 am »

Its Faerie NOT fa***y

coughee
Apprentice Mage
: 89

« #23 : May 27, 2009, 07:03:08 pm »

Has anyone else heard that Guillermo Del Toro is releasing an original fantasy novel sometime this year?

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #24 : May 27, 2009, 07:46:55 pm »

Shadowy overlord set it up that way so that his skills cannot be challenged. The fact is that Faerie magic is ancient and was given to the Faeries at the beginning of time. Wizardry is the use of magic STOLEN from the Faerie realm and isn't nearly as strong.

Wrong. Magic is what binds matter together and in great quantities in all things living. Those with the power to wield it and manipulate it are born that way, and they are generally rare. The faeries may have the power, but they are by no means the first to have it. The great dragons and elves of old had the gift as well, to varying degrees of strength. The magus is a rare human, and their abilities varying, but some, such as the great Merlin, could more than best another species.

Has anyone else heard that Guillermo Del Toro is releasing an original fantasy novel sometime this year?

No, I hadn't heard. I'm not too familiar with Del Toro though. I only know that he's going to be involved with the film adaptation of The Hobbit, and that he's a friend of Alfonso Cuaron, the director of the 3rd Harry Potter film.
« : May 27, 2009, 07:51:39 pm redwall_hp »

redwall_hp

Nathan Darrowdan
Apprentice Mage

High Lord of Rak'Narroh

« #25 : May 27, 2009, 10:32:25 pm »

:o You just quoted the book of Abraham the mage! How did you get a copy of that!?

I'm stuck with a rather battered copy of "Μαγεία για ανδρείκελα."
« : May 27, 2009, 10:35:06 pm Rincewind the incompetent wizard »

High Lord of the frigid northern territories.

Nathan Darrowdan
Apprentice Mage

High Lord of Rak'Narroh

« #26 : May 27, 2009, 10:36:23 pm »

The title of the book was Greek. Use google to translate it if you want...

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #27 : May 28, 2009, 12:31:59 am »

:o You just quoted the book of Abraham the mage! How did you get a copy of that!?

I'm stuck with a rather battered copy of "Μαγεία για ανδρείκελα."

Do you have a copy of Professio Veneficus? It's a decent text of similar subject to Abraham the Mage's book.

redwall_hp

Nathan Darrowdan
Apprentice Mage

High Lord of Rak'Narroh

« #28 : May 28, 2009, 12:37:34 am »

I was trying to get a copy from the library of Alexandria, but just yesterday, I learned that it burned down over a thousand years ago...

WTH?  ???

minerva66
Apprentice Mage
: 65

« #29 : May 28, 2009, 12:38:54 am »

talk about weird

1 [2] 3 4
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  Cinema Fantastica  |  Movie Critiquing  |  Topic: Pan's Labryinth « previous next »
:  

©Fantasy Folder