Fantasy Folder Forums
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Fantasy Folder    Forum              
: Registration is temporarily disabled while we beef up our anti-spam measures. Sorry for the inconvenience. - 4/26/11 August 07, 2020, 01:58:37 pm
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  Cinema Fantastica  |  Movie Critiquing  |  Topic: Pan's Labryinth
  « previous next »
: What was the scariest part of this movie for you.
When the captian is crushing the guys face with a beer bottle. - 2 (33.3%)
When the mother has a miscarriage. - 0 (0%)
When the captian is trying to kill the little girl. - 1 (16.7%)
When the faun is first introduced. - 0 (0%)
I have never seen this movie. - 3 (50%)
: 0

1 2 [3] 4
: Pan's Labryinth  ( 46354 )
Windrose_author13

« #30 : May 28, 2009, 09:34:06 am »

Shadowy overlord set it up that way so that his skills cannot be challenged. The fact is that Faerie magic is ancient and was given to the Faeries at the beginning of time. Wizardry is the use of magic STOLEN from the Faerie realm and isn't nearly as strong.

Wrong. Magic is what binds matter together and in great quantities in all things living. Those with the power to wield it and manipulate it are born that way, and they are generally rare. The faeries may have the power, but they are by no means the first to have it. The great dragons and elves of old had the gift as well, to varying degrees of strength. The magus is a rare human, and their abilities varying, but some, such as the great Merlin, could more than best another species.

I have nothing against those who are born Magus, but alot of your kind used powders and actual STOLEN magic to become that way. I never claimed Faeries were the first to have power, i only meant that the (if you are going to get technical with the whole "everything has magic" thing) ability to weild it was given to the Fay folk and those like them before humans (and, yes, Wizards) were even created. Also, i would like to note that even the Great Merlin acknowledged the superior power of the Sidhe and those like them. Checkmate.

coughee
Apprentice Mage
: 89

« #31 : May 28, 2009, 12:50:00 pm »

:o You just quoted the book of Abraham the mage! How did you get a copy of that!?

You mean the CODEX?

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage
: 220

« #32 : May 28, 2009, 10:19:44 pm »

I have nothing against those who are born Magus, but alot of your kind used powders and actual STOLEN magic to become that way. I never claimed Faeries were the first to have power, i only meant that the (if you are going to get technical with the whole "everything has magic" thing) ability to weild it was given to the Fay folk and those like them before humans (and, yes, Wizards) were even created. Also, i would like to note that even the Great Merlin acknowledged the superior power of the Sidhe and those like them. Checkmate.

Nope. You can't steal magic. Plain and simple. (With the exception on magic bound into physical objects for one reason or another.)

"i would like to note that even the Great Merlin acknowledged the superior power of the Sidhe." Citation needed.

According to the laws of the deep magic, species doesn't play a part in potential to wield the power. It's entirely up to the individual. I'm certain that a good number of the faerie are equivalent to Neville Longbottom or Rincewind the Incompetent...

redwall_hp
The Head Mage, and founder of Fantasy Folder

jayell123
Battle Mage
: 233

The Proof of Rose's Submission to Shadowy Overlord

« #33 : May 29, 2009, 06:44:19 am »

wow you guys are arguing over who first had magic. I wonder who really did first have magic. Don't you realize you can't either be truly right because neither of you were there to see it.

I never....ok, i did get a LITTLE carried away on that, all right i will admit this once, and only once, and after i say it i will deny having said it. Faeries are not superior to other species who weild magic.Yeah, i know

Windrose_author13

« #34 : May 29, 2009, 07:15:19 am »

Jayell, you have put your self in a very dangerous place.

Nope. You can't steal magic. Plain and simple. (With the exception on magic bound into physical objects for one reason or another.)

"i would like to note that even the Great Merlin acknowledged the superior power of the Sidhe." Citation needed.

According to the laws of the deep magic, species doesn't play a part in potential to wield the power. It's entirely up to the individual. I'm certain that a good number of the faerie are equivalent to Neville Longbottom or Rincewind the Incompetent...
I am going to stay calm, though i have EVERY reason to RIP YOUR HEAD OFF for such an INSULT to the faerie realm. True, it is not necessarily a species wide talent to be superior, but to say that we could be, nay to suggest that some of us are INFERIOR is beyond insult!Your problem is that you think in terms to scientific and mundane. The magic of faerie is pure and wild. To say that some of us have a low ability to weild it is to say that some Hawk cannot hunt rabbit! it is not an insult to the few, but to the many, because it is a borderline on the impossible, and deep in the unspeakable.   

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage
: 220

« #35 : May 29, 2009, 01:49:50 pm »

I am going to stay calm, though i have EVERY reason to RIP YOUR HEAD OFF for such an INSULT to the faerie realm. True, it is not necessarily a species wide talent to be superior, but to say that we could be, nay to suggest that some of us are INFERIOR is beyond insult!Your problem is that you think in terms to scientific and mundane. The magic of faerie is pure and wild. To say that some of us have a low ability to weild it is to say that some Hawk cannot hunt rabbit! it is not an insult to the few, but to the many, because it is a borderline on the impossible, and deep in the unspeakable.   

You are the one insisting upon magical superiority all the time... :)

redwall_hp
The Head Mage, and founder of Fantasy Folder

Windrose_author13

« #36 : June 02, 2009, 06:55:51 am »

I never....ok, i did get a LITTLE carried away on that, all right i will admit this once, and only once, and after i say it i will deny having said it, because i DO have my pride. Faeries are not superior to other species who weild magic. Yeah, i know. Dont get used to it because they are also only INFERIOR to the ELDERS.
« : June 03, 2009, 06:43:59 am Windrose_author13 »

jayell123
Battle Mage

« #37 : June 02, 2009, 07:03:48 am »

but you can't deny it. The proof is right here VVV

I never....ok, i did get a LITTLE carried away on that, all right i will admit this once, and only once, and after i say it i will deny having said it, because i DO have my pride. Faeries are not superior to other species who weild magic. Yeah, i know. Dont get used to it because they are also only INFERIOR to the ELDERS.

See, I told you it was here.  ;D

I never....ok, i did get a LITTLE carried away on that, all right i will admit this once, and only once, and after i say it i will deny having said it. Faeries are not superior to other species who weild magic.Yeah, i know

Windrose_author13

« #38 : June 02, 2009, 10:19:18 am »

Proof, what proof? I see no proof.

jayell123
Battle Mage

« #39 : June 02, 2009, 10:48:55 am »

the proof will forever be in my signature. sweetheart.  :-*

Windrose_author13

« #40 : June 03, 2009, 06:43:39 am »

I still see no proof.

jayell123
Battle Mage

« #41 : June 03, 2009, 06:44:27 am »

see it now?

Windrose_author13

« #42 : June 03, 2009, 07:07:28 am »

I did not tye that, perhaps someone got onto my account and typed it, but i do not remember typing that.

jayell123
Battle Mage

« #43 : June 03, 2009, 07:23:57 am »

yes you definately did and its proof that you have submissed to the shadowy overlord.

Windrose_author13

« #44 : June 03, 2009, 10:32:32 am »

Admitting that all species are equal has nothing to do with submitting to a shadowy overlord. I will not submit to the shadowy overlord, even IF he beats me in the Duel. I may give my loyalty, but i will not submit to him. (Yes those are two different things. example: During the liberation of Scotland William Wallace pledged loyalty to Robert The Bruce, but he did not submit to him. )

1 2 [3] 4
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  Cinema Fantastica  |  Movie Critiquing  |  Topic: Pan's Labryinth « previous next »
:  

©Fantasy Folder