Fantasy Folder Forums
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Fantasy Folder    Forum              
: Registration is temporarily disabled while we beef up our anti-spam measures. Sorry for the inconvenience. - 4/26/11 August 07, 2020, 01:35:19 pm
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  Cinema Fantastica  |  Movie Critiquing  |  Topic: Pan's Labryinth
  « previous next »
: What was the scariest part of this movie for you.
When the captian is crushing the guys face with a beer bottle. - 2 (33.3%)
When the mother has a miscarriage. - 0 (0%)
When the captian is trying to kill the little girl. - 1 (16.7%)
When the faun is first introduced. - 0 (0%)
I have never seen this movie. - 3 (50%)
: 0

1 2 3 [4]
: Pan's Labryinth  ( 46353 )
jayell123
Battle Mage
: 233

The Proof of Rose's Submission to Shadowy Overlord

« #45 : June 03, 2009, 10:46:28 am »

whatever you admited you were wrong now everyone knows you lost. sorry, sweetheart.

I never....ok, i did get a LITTLE carried away on that, all right i will admit this once, and only once, and after i say it i will deny having said it. Faeries are not superior to other species who weild magic.Yeah, i know

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage
: 220

« #46 : June 03, 2009, 05:27:00 pm »

Admitting that all species are equal has nothing to do with submitting to a shadowy overlord. I will not submit to the shadowy overlord, even IF he beats me in the Duel. I may give my loyalty, but i will not submit to him. (Yes those are two different things. example: During the liberation of Scotland William Wallace pledged loyalty to Robert The Bruce, but he did not submit to him. )

William Wallace? What a coincidence, I just watched Braveheart recently...

redwall_hp
The Head Mage, and founder of Fantasy Folder

Nathan Darrowdan
Apprentice Mage
: 89

High Lord of Rak'Narroh

« #47 : June 04, 2009, 12:44:03 pm »

Me too. It was very educational. I now know why Scotsmen wear kilts.  :)

High Lord of the frigid northern territories.

Windrose_author13

« #48 : June 04, 2009, 01:55:34 pm »

It was NOT originally so that they could flash people, Nate.

Red,
So you agree with my loyalty-not-submitance idea?

coughee
Apprentice Mage

« #49 : June 04, 2009, 02:40:54 pm »

Has anyone else heard that Guillermo Del Toro is releasing an original fantasy novel sometime this year?

No, I hadn't heard. I'm not too familiar with Del Toro though. I only know that he's going to be involved with the film adaptation of The Hobbit, and that he's a friend of Alfonso Cuaron, the director of the 3rd Harry Potter film.

Yeah it's a vampire-centered series, I believe. A friend of mine went to a book signing and met Del Toro a few nights ago. He said the line got so held up because Del Toro actually had conversations with everyone who approached him and he signed any and all items anyone brought up to the table.

I think it's awesome the guy is so approachable and down to earth.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #50 : June 06, 2009, 12:04:22 pm »

It was NOT originally so that they could flash people, Nate.

Red,
So you agree with my loyalty-not-submitance idea?

I suppose.

Yeah it's a vampire-centered series, I believe. A friend of mine went to a book signing and met Del Toro a few nights ago. He said the line got so held up because Del Toro actually had conversations with everyone who approached him and he signed any and all items anyone brought up to the table.

I think it's awesome the guy is so approachable and down to earth.

So kind of like Steve Wozniak, then? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Wozniak

redwall_hp

Windrose_author13

« #51 : June 06, 2009, 06:55:50 pm »

I detect a suddle sigh hidden in there somewhere.

coughee
Apprentice Mage

« #52 : June 19, 2009, 07:02:28 pm »

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but I just learned that The Hobbit movie will be TWO movies, not unlike the Kill Bill scenario. Thoughts?

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #53 : June 19, 2009, 11:22:45 pm »

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but I just learned that The Hobbit movie will be TWO movies, not unlike the Kill Bill scenario. Thoughts?

I've been aware of this for a few weeks, and... Well first I thought it sounded like they were trying to make some extra $$$. After thinking about it, I realized how much material there was in The Hobbit. I think it will probably come out okay. Peter Jackson's still involved after all.

redwall_hp

coughee
Apprentice Mage

« #54 : June 22, 2009, 01:38:37 pm »

I've been aware of this for a few weeks, and... Well first I thought it sounded like they were trying to make some extra $$$. After thinking about it, I realized how much material there was in The Hobbit. I think it will probably come out okay. Peter Jackson's still involved after all.

Yeah I believe they are incorporating elements from several of Tolkien's appendices, as well. I still think the multiple movie thing is primarily motivated by profits, but I also agree that it will still be a great film(s), since PJ is still sort of helming it.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #55 : June 22, 2009, 04:17:18 pm »

That's what I heard too. I don't know how they'll be doing that, but hopefully it won't seem too odd...

redwall_hp

1 2 3 [4]
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  Cinema Fantastica  |  Movie Critiquing  |  Topic: Pan's Labryinth « previous next »
:  

©Fantasy Folder