Fantasy Folder Forums
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Fantasy Folder    Forum              
: Registration is temporarily disabled while we beef up our anti-spam measures. Sorry for the inconvenience. - 4/26/11 February 20, 2017, 10:41:40 am
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  The Library  |  Series  |  The Dragonriders of Pern  |  Topic: All Things Pern Movie Related
  « previous next »
[1]
: All Things Pern Movie Related  ( 6689 )
coughee
Apprentice Mage
: 89

« : June 19, 2009, 06:56:58 pm »

No, I didn't type that subject line wrong....The Dragonriders of Pern is becoming a movie.

Discuss....

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage
: 220

« #1 : June 19, 2009, 11:19:42 pm »

Well well, I was wondering how long until that would happen. I know Anne McCaffrey has turned down several offers in the past.

I've been thinking lately that special effects have progressed enough that it would work out well without coming off as cheesy. :)

redwall_hp
The Head Mage, and founder of Fantasy Folder

coughee
Apprentice Mage

« #2 : June 22, 2009, 01:34:35 pm »

Yeah I'm only vaguely familiar with this series, but I remember hearing somewhere that McCaffrey was kind of a recluse and protective of her works, so I guess this is more impressive than I originally thought.

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #3 : June 22, 2009, 04:16:03 pm »

I read most of the Pern books. (I haven't read the two latest though.) I'm pretty familiar with them, but it's been a few years so my memory of some things are probably a bit foggy at times.

They just haven't been the same since her son started collaborating with her though. They're still good books, but they're missing...something.

redwall_hp

coughee
Apprentice Mage

« #4 : June 23, 2009, 12:45:58 pm »

I wonder if her son is the driving force behind the movie adaptation, then?

redwall_hp
The Head Mage
Administrator
Battle Mage

« #5 : June 23, 2009, 05:53:36 pm »

I wonder if her son is the driving force behind the movie adaptation, then?

I don't know, here's a press release: http://annemccaffrey.net/index.php?p=42

It sounds like Anne McCaffrey is just finally ready for a movie to be made. ?

redwall_hp

[1]
Fantasy Folder Forums  |  The Library  |  Series  |  The Dragonriders of Pern  |  Topic: All Things Pern Movie Related « previous next »
:  

©Fantasy Folder